TEMPORARY PUBLIC USE RESTRICTIONS DESCHUTES NATIONAL FOREST
Pursuant to 16 USC 551, 36 CFR 261.50 (a) and (b), the following special restrictions and prohibitions are established on all lands within the Deschutes National Forest, within the State of Oregon, and as
depicted on the attached exhibits, hereby incorporated in this Order as Exhibit A.
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire or stove fire, including a charcoal fire, EXCEPT at campfire rings established by the Forest Service at posted, developed and designated campgrounds shown in Exhibit A. 36 CFR § 261.52(a).
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a designated campground, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material. 36 CFR § 261.52(c).
3. Possessing, discharging or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device. 36 CFR §
4. Using an explosive. 36 CFR § 261.52(b).
5. Operating a chainsaw or other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine in violation of Industrial Fire Precaution directives (IFPL), to include personal use firewood permits and campfire wood. 36 CFR § 261.52(h).
6. Operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order meeting either:
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service Standard 5100-1a; or
Appropriate Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE recommended practice J335(b) and
J350(a). 36 CFR § 261.52(j)
7. Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame. 36 CFR § 261.52(i).
8. Possessing or using a motor vehicle off National Forest System Roads. 36 CFR §261.56, EXCEPT when operating in compliance with travel management rule and the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.13.
9. Violating any state law concerning burning, fires, or which is for the purpose of preventing or restricting the spread of fire. 36 CFR § 261.52(k).